We can join together to Invest in BIPOC Futures.
The world as it has existed has not served Black and Brown people. Today, we can come together and use our liberatory power to change the future. Our legislative agenda is one way we do it.
We’re taking a holistic approach to the 2023 Legislative Session, focusing on the underlying issues most central to the symptoms plaguing our communities.
How the WA Legislature works
Do you have questions about how all this works? We have answers.
Make your voice heard
Check out our advocacy tips for more information about how to support our legislative agenda.
Our Agenda: Invest in BIPOC Futures
Close the Wealth Gap
Affordable Housing and Home Ownership
- HB 1474 | SB 5496 | Create the Covenants Homeownership Account
- HB 1074 | Address documentation and processes governing landlords’ claims for damage to residential premises
- HB 1110 | SB 5190 | Increase middle housing in areas traditionally dedicated to single-family detached housing
- HB 1124 | Require landlords to provide 6 months’ notice of significant rent increases
- HB 1388 |Prohibit predatory residential rent practices
- HB 1389 |Stabilize rent increases to prevent displacement and rent gouging
Guaranteed Basic Income
- HB 1045 | Create the evergreen basic income pilot program
BIPOC Economic Development
Undo Policies of Oppression
Invest in BIPOC Arts and Culture
Demand Public Safety For All
Recognize Disability Rights
Support Healthy Families
- SB 5225 | Increase culturally appropriate childcare affordability and accessibility
- HB 1075 | SB 5249 | Expand the working families’ tax credit (WFTC) to all low-income, working seniors & young adults
- HB 1477 | Ensure equitable access to the WFTC with administrative & technical fixes
- SB 5285 | HB 1218 | Add a new caseload to serve those eligible for WFTC
- HB 1238 | SB 5339 | Healthy School Meals for All
- HB 1263 | SB 5241 | Keep Our Care Act
- HB 1228 | Expanding and permanently funding dual language learning programs so our languages are celebrated in schools
- HB 1447 | Strengthening the ability of assistance programs to meet foundational needs of children, adults, and families
- HB 1652 | TANF Child Support Pass-Through
Pass the Voting Rights Act
Honor the Treaties and Inherent Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- HB 1089 | SB 5114 | Invest in healing services for survivors of sex trafficking
- HB 1177 | SB 5137 |Create a missing & murdered indigenous women & people cold case investigations unit
- HB 1639 |Billy Frank Jr. National Statuary Hall Collection Fund to fund the creation and installation of the replacement statue.
Make your voice heard
Find out more about how you can support our agenda in the legislature.
Use this tracker to keep track of all the bills that are relevant to our Legislative Priorities!